- eLearning Africa was founded in 2005 and has taken place in Addis Ababa in 2006, in Nairobi in 2007, in Accra in 2008, in Dakar in 2009, in Lusaka in 2010, in Dar es Salaam in 2011, in Cotonou in 2012, in Windhoek in 2013, in Kampala in 2014, in Addis Ababa in 2015, in Cairo in 2016, in Port Louis in 2017, in Kigali in 2018, in Abidjan in 2019, a host of virtual events in 2020 / 2021 and in Kigali in 2022.
- Over the past years, eLearning Africa has hosted 19,242 participants from 100+ countries around the world, with over 75% coming from the African continent. More than 4,000 speakers have addressed the conference about every aspect of digital learning, training and skills development.
- The conference is held in ENGLISH and FRENCH.
- The PROGRAMME includes core dialogues, discovery demos, knowledge exchange sessions, knowledge factories, panel discussions, panel talks, plenary sessions, pre-conference events and boardroom discussions on specific topics and informal networking opportunities in which practitioners share their experiences, ideas, new information and perspectives.
- In the EXHIBITION AREA, leading international eLearning manufacturers, suppliers and service providers present their latest products and services. Most participants see the exhibition as an important meeting point for professional interaction and networking within the conference.
- WORKSHOPS, conducted by leading experts and practitioners, precede the event. These small, intensive sessions offer attendees a unique opportunity to acquire new skills and learn about the latest developments.
- eLearning Africa is the venue for MINISTERIAL ROUND TABLE, an annual meeting of African ICT and Education ministers, who take part in a day-long discussion of key issues affecting education, training, skills and technology before the official opening of the main conference.