A3: Building Standards for the Integration of Technology in Education: Teachers, Students and Administrators
- Hala Salih Mohammed Nur, University of Khartoum, Sudan
- Nafisa Abdou Hassen Ahmed, West Kordfan University, Sudan
- Salha Mohammed Abdo, Sudan Open University, Sudan
The integration of technology is vital for the development of education in Africa. However, integration must be regulated if a digital gap, between those who have access to technology and those who do not, is to be avoided. Integration also places responsibilities on stakeholders and creates a new relationship between students, teachers and administrators. These issues can be regulated by building a framework for standards to integrate technology in education.
This workshop is an interactive workshop, in which participants will share their knowledge and expertise, in order to build a standard framework to regulate the integration of technology in education.
Teachers, administrators, policy-makers.
TARGET AUDIENCE SECTOR(S):
Education (primary and secondary sections).
Participants must be knowledgable about:
- their local educational systems and standards; and
- the levels of the integration of technology in education in their countries.
- A model for building contextualised standards for the integration of technology in education.
- Participants will gain new skills and expertise.
- Build networking between the participants.
African participants who are not working for international organisations or global corporations may register for €30, all other participants may register for €40. This half day event includes a tea/coffee break and materials.